In this “Crafting Your Way To A Beautiful Home” series, I am focusing on home décor. Related to this, something that I have been needing desperately for the longest time is a new and colorful doormat, so I decided to tackle that project.
Am I the only one around here that has not been able to find a unique, colorful, and fun door mat for their home? I have looked everywhere and haven’t been able to find something to my taste.
I didn’t want that much color or motives, so I decided to do only two in the middle. Here is what I did:
How to make a fun doormat with Cricut
Difficulty (1-5): 2 Time: 1 hr Cost: $40
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut 12″ x 12″ StandardGrip Mat
- Cricut Stencil Vinyl
- Cricut Weeding Tool
- Blue exterior paint
- Purple exterior paint
- Peach exterior paint
- Green exterior paint
- Yellow exterior paint
- Small brush
- Natural fiber door mat
*I bought the exterior paint at Michael’s but couldn’t find the links to them online.
1) Find your project in Cricut Design Space for the DIY Aztec Rug. It has seven images on the canvas to cover the whole mattress but I only used it two for a simpler look. Place your vinyl on the StandardGrip Mat and let Cricut do its thing.
2) Weed excess stencil vinyl from around and inside the images with the weeding tool.
3) Find the center of your door mat and place the first stencil to the right and the other one to the left. Be careful doing this because the stencil is sticky and gets stuck together easily. Make sure this doesn’t happen.
4) Apply paint to fill in the design using the small brush and the exterior paint.
5) After the paint dries, remove the stencil and voila! Now you have a new, fun, colorful door mat! Very simple and cute.
Here are more photos of the final product:
My entrance looks so much better, don’t you think?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Comments submitted may be displayed or featured on other websites owned by Cricut.